This image above really puts it into perspective of how big a tree can be, Although not as tall as most, the tree in the images is huge in thickness. This Is what I imagine an ancient tree which has survived hundreds or even thousands of years would look like. Love this image, shows us a little bit of history and beauty within a single tree.
Even though my scene will be during night, I specifically picked this woodland because of the way it let the sun through the trees. Every beam of light bursting its way through the trees onto a small patch of the woodland floor. This will surely help with shadows and lighting.
This image which I think is a painting shows me a really good example of a mystical land. The placment of the scenery plus the colors show a good demonstration of what a magical land should look like. I also really like the shape of the tree which I think resembles the moon.
With a hint of fog, the image above gives a forest a whole new perspective. Although it might be magical, is it as peacful. The fog suggests something lurks among the forest or the once peacful forest has become a more creepy and cruel place.
Holy cow, Simon helped me find this image which I must say is really quite amazing. In this image I love the way each of the trees roots errupt from the ground and also the way limp branches hang from the tree.





3 comments:
Hey there Adam,
check out a book called The Wildwood by Gareth Lovett Jones and Richard Mabey.
plenty of photographs of Britains ancient woodlands, also there is a strange tree in Alicante public park that has interesting growths on it, I'll see if I can find some images for you.
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/9683401.jpg
There you go I think its a Ficus Gigante or something,
Simon thnx for all your comments, i have found interesting things, also i have been checking out really good books from home, thank you
Post a Comment