I really want to point out that I was trying to give a good sense opf perspective to this image which showed people the scale of the image. But hey im not sure, im not sure if the rough approach works or is allowed to work if that makes sense.
Monday, 16 November 2009
Fantasica In Danger Final Idea
Ok guys, I had an image in my head, I have been looking a bit more on perspective and have done two similar composite images which relate to the image below. To be totally honest im not to sure about this image. The idea I had drawn in my sketch book seemed to be really solid. When i looked at it I thought This could be a start of an image for my final piece of work. As I was working on Friday in the photoshop lesson me and Phil(tablet Phil) had a good chat about how I could improve my concept. He made a new layer on my work and very roughly went over it with the brush tool. After he deleted the image and I began to create something along the same lines but only using his techniques, not hi concept. Below is what I have come up with so far, Im not too sure what I think, I only have had Phil tell me he likes it, and that concept art is rough in some ways but im not sure how this will effect everyone elses opinion of it.

4 comments:
'Non-tablet Phil' likes it - it's by far the strongest of your compositions so far; check out the painter Caspar David Friedrich for his great atmospheric use of paint for conveying mists and distance... your work reminds me of his stuff - go check it out and take some notes...
Thanks Phil i will definitely go and have a look, this is much appreciated feedback, see you tomorrow at one.:)
i love the way the path cuts into the grass looks kool! nice one
that said, I think you need to loosen up still further; check out Alex's blog http://anwmn.blogspot.com
Track back to his first attempts, and then track forwards to his most recent; Alex was very unhappy about this project at first because he 'couldn't draw', but if you notice, he looked at a bunch of how-to dvds and got his head around the principles of drawing and strong composition making - I think you could take a leaf out of his book and actually take some practical steps towards improving your skills in this area...
Post a Comment