The next image is another quick sketch to help me bring my imagination to a visual representation of what the forrest may look like if it was overlooked by the moon. As the extract states, it is nightfall and the moon is present. Althought the image is'nt visually pleasing it gives me an idea of how I could develop these smaller images into a refined final piece.
The next image which is below is a more refined sketched image I had drawn after I had a more broad idea of how I would create my scene. In the book there is a piece of text which tells of a parting within the trees, a parting to an open space. In the image below I have tried to create thick trees which seperate one another by a gap in the middle. There will be the opening, where the light will be allowed to stream through onto the floor of the open space, where the wisp watches.
The image above is a work in progress. In this image i want to get a sense of perspective but not to allow a character to take the focus off of the scenery. Just to help me I have blured in a circle in the bottom left of the page above. This represents the wisp, overlooking the opening in the forrest. Once more, below are four texures I found whilst walking too and from different places. I did'nt have my camera therefore I gathered the dead and dying foliage and stuck it into my Sketchbook for texture reference images.

7 comments:
Adam
Did you have a valid reason for missing todays classes? Did you let Jackie know?
Besides upsetting Alan (people turning up gives him a nice warm feeling, please keep Alan happy)it seems you are cracking on nicely. Like how you are collecting texture, remember you can create brushes in photoshop using these textures.
Hey alan, i emailed phil and and explained that i was ill in bed, and what was the right protocol for letting the uni know i was ill but i didnt recieve a reply. Im sorry if this has caused an inconvenience but i definatley did let somebody know. I just didnt know how because it was my first dat off.
Sory simon thnx for the comments, its a shame tht i was noticed for the wrong reasons though lol, i did actually contact phil but obviously tht wasnt good enough.
Hi Adam! Thanks for your comments on my blog... not too bad for a first effort! You don't need to let me know when you are off - I'm the wrong Jackie! You need to let Jackie Andrews in the office know... hope you are feeling better, anyway!
Hi Adam - I did get your email, but I have said - a number of times - that you need to contact Jackie Andrew (jandrew@ucreative.ac.uk) re. absence etc. I don't get to check my emails until AFTER my teaching day is over, so anything anyone sends me is 'too late'. Your efforts to flag up your absence do you credit - all students are expected to manage their personal circumstances accordingly - anyway, you know now and no hard feelings either way. Hope you're feeling better and - yes, nice to see all those sketches being posted and that you're 'on it' - see you tomorrow at 11 in Lecture Theatre 2 for another slice of striking b/w cinema - but this time with sound!!!
sori jackie lol and sori phil, ill keep note, thnx for the comments and sori for any problems caused. :) oh yer and phil i didnt mind the films without sound it made them more unique without it, especially metropolis.
Post a Comment