Pages

Thursday, 22 October 2009

Final Cubic Portrait

Hey guys, finally at the end of a very good but stressful project. Im very glad to finally be putting up this final image for my final portrait idea about bullying and botterling up anger. As I said in earlier posts bullying was a big thing for me when i was in my early days at secondary so I wanted to try and make a self portrait that reflected this theme.

One of the things that I was interested in doing for my final piece was cubism. I really liked the look of cubism but I wanted to add my own little touch to my work to make it unique.



What I have been trying to do is back up my theme on bullying by looking at some fictional characters such as two face and jekyll and hyde to demonstrate that my anger is hidden within me but not on the surface. I used Maya to create a cubic base and then tried to add lamberts with images to the surface. I found this to be really confusing as a newby like me to Maya could'nt work out how to do it. This then gave me the option to bring it into photoshop and try and recover the image.

Overall I am pleased with the outcome of the image and the concept. However I really wish I had another go at this image because I could use this as another starting point for another idea. I just really hope all goes well tomorrow and the portrait looks OK on the projector.

In conlusion to today I found I really suck at trying to present a piece of work. I dont know why this is but hopefully after a few more crits I will be more confident in front of the class. What I tried to explain today in class was that my self portrait was a representation on how my identity has been changed/torn appart over the past years. Like I tried to explain in class, Each of the boxes combined together make up who I am in the present based on all of life experiences, such as bullying for instance. This is why I have created the 3Dimensional mixed montage of images, to represent different segments of my life. I really want to thank you Phil for pointing me in the right direction at th crit and for the positive feedback on my portrait, hopefully next time I wont let you down with my lack of presentation nerves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger