"In marketing and advertising, a target audience, or target group is the
primary group of people that something, usually an advertising
campaign, is aimed at appealing to. A target audience can be people of
a certain age group, gender, marital status, etc"
"Is the term usually used to describe groups in the community selected
as being the most appropriate (eg; primary purchasers, users or
influencers) for a particular advertising campaign or schedule. The
target audience may be defined in demographic or psychographic terms,
or a combination of both."
Okay so I was having a chat with a few people yesterday trying to decide whether I should go down the route of using primary school children as my target audience.
At first thought I had a good idea which I began to try and develop through my thought process and then get some images down on paper to help me discover the best way in order to go about this project. I came up with a concpet which I would use childs voices in my animation to state facts about the Slime mould throughout its duration. I was thinking about using a cartoony style which would be more appealing to the primary school audience because at that age it is all about the visuals, they are what helps get the message across.
A really good example of an animation which helps children learn is the 'Muzzy' language dvds which help small children learn a language in a more fun and less boring way. However, After all this thought about choosing primary school children as my target audience, I personally think that it would benifit me more to choose a higher level of education and put this animation towards them.
So after much thought yesterday evening I have decided that my choosen target audience is going to be GCSE students. At this age I remember finding some of the subjects dull. If the teachers were to give us our work in this form, I seriously think that the learning outcome would be much different.
Below is a quick example I put together about you target audience. In the top part of the image you can see a group of children plus an image of Alien. When making the film Alien, Ridley Scotts marketing directors would not of aimed this product at this generation. They would have been more likely to have aimed it at boys in thier late teens and young men.
The second part of the image shows the same children but with an image of the power rangers. When they decided to make the power rangers it was aimed at children in this age region. I also think that they added female characters in the programme power rangers as a way of having girls as thier audience to.
Probably a really bad diagram but hey, it shows what it needs to along with minor explanation :)

2 comments:
power rangers = epic
Haha i kno :)
Post a Comment