Pages

Monday, 14 December 2009

The Undercity

I came across a good website which displays a good set of reference imgages from lots of different underground places scattered across the world. As one of my main ideas was to do with abandoned subway, these images will come in usefull because I think they represent what I'm looking for when creating a final scene.

http://www.undercity.org/ - Here is the link to the website, have a look you'll find some more interesting images.



 

 

 

The image above has great lighting. the light source higlights one specific area of the subway isolating it from the rest of the scene. 

 

 

 

All of these images have one thing in common. They all have an amazing lighting source. This makes the scene. Lighting is everything when it comes to creating a brilliant, creepy atmosphere. I can only imagine  how scary it would be to walk through one of these places.
.


The video is from Silent Hill 3, I found this when looking for videos that showed eerie subways and tunnels. If you have a little while take a look and see the scary gameplay from this chapter in the game. 

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

I love that top image - such deep blacks - great - and your blog is looking sweet! :-)

Adam Bailey said...

thanks Phil, that comment cheered me up :) I know what you mean about these images, they have really great lighting.

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger