Pages

Saturday, 12 December 2009

Idea 1 - The Playroom

Yesterday I came up with an idea to create a scene truley based within a childs nursery but with a hidden suggestive feel to it. I am not sure why I decided this would be a good idea but the more I thought about it the more I decided this was a good starting point. How uncanny would an empty nursery look. I know if I just created an ordinary nursery it would not give me the greatest triumph of achieving the task set on the brief. This is why I have been looking at creating a nursery with a hidden identity. I want to look into what an everyday average nursery looks like and flip it into a suggestive and un-natural scene were warmth once was but now is lost within what remains there.

I have been gathering a mixed bunch of reference images to help me look at your plain and simple childs nursery. what I am looking for in these images are common objects and placement within the childs room. With these images I intend to create a scene which is more dark and sinister which allows the viewer to have mixed feelings and opinions into what happened within this space.










 .
You can see in the images above that your everyday nursery is not as uncanny as I would of liked for this project. I still think it is possible to create a very good powerfull scene by trying to create a different atmosphere within this space. One of the things I need to be looking more into throughout the whole of this project is the use of light. Lighting means everything when trying to create a great atmosphere.

The reference images below show a darker feeling, a more atmospheric look which I may be going for when trying to create my final scene.

Okay I cant find images that I want at the moment but ill be looking  now. :)

3 comments:

tutorphil said...

Remember, the old nursery was the 'heart' of the house in The Haunting...

and you should definitely watch The Orphanage (see link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trL-n4PzcIk

Ethan Clements said...

Yeah definitely watch the orphanage if you haven't already seen it, a great Del Torro film... I like the way the trailer implies it's a full on horror :P

Adam Bailey said...

Thanks to both of you, this is much appreciated feedback i shall take a closer look :)

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger