A genie in different cultures and religions have many different definitions/meanings. In Arabian mythology, the word Genie, or Djinn as they announce it, is a spirit which shares some similarities with a ghost. The thought behind a Genie would be that they contained magical powers which could be used for a good or evil situation. In Islam, they believe that the Genie is closer to being a demon than of a spirit. For this post I will add images of different genies, all shapes sizes and colors just to give me and people a good idea into what one looks like. In later post I will research deeper into what the genie means to other cultures and religions because I think this will allow me to break down my story, helping me to define the characters which I will use in my story.
The image below, one of the most famous genies which I could think of. The Genie which comes from the Disney Film, 'Aladdin'.
.
Alladin is a young street urchin trying to get along in life. Whilst in prison, he meets a very strange man who convinces him to journey into the cave of wonders were he will retrieve a magical lamp for the stranger. This is were he meets the 'Genie'(voiced by Robbin Williams).
.
The Genie doesn't need to be an all mighty powerful being, these genies in the images above all represent something different. A genie can be evil or good, it can also be mischievous. They can be drawn in many different ways so we can portray them differently.
0 comments:
Post a Comment