Pages

Monday, 8 February 2010

New Story Idea - Starting Point

After the lecture, with a bit of help we came up with a new idea for my story. In this idea I want to use a young Skater. The Skater is working the night shift, Its his job to keep watch of the distribution centre, making sure all runs smoothly throughout the night.
In his boredom, the Skater decides to have a bit of fun and use the extra time to mix work with his Skating hobby. Whilst Skating through the Hazardous factory the boy bails and finds himself in a serious situation. He has managed to bring life to the distribution centre and not in a good way.
What he doesn't know is that this centre is not just any distribution cantre, but a genie in a bottle centre.

For now I just wanted to add up a basic starting point which I will hopefully bring into a fully developed piece in the next few days. In the next week I will have most of my character sketches which I think will bring the story together nicely.

At the end of this post I just thought I would add a quick three minute or so clip from the animated series, 'Mr Bean'. Having seen it before with my brother, I thought this particular episode is a good start into the research of distribution centres. This may not appeal to most people, but I think it has good aspects for short storys. (Bean has a goal) - Bean the Burgular.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger