Erm so I just wanted to add up another post this evening just before I start to finish my final storyboards. This post is a quick recap on my research so far. I'm going to add some links, videos and more scientific definitions of key words which I have and will come across during the remainder of this project.
So what is Slime Mould?
Slime Moulds are a group of tiny organisms which consist of Myxomycetes, DictyoStelids and Protostelids.
The Myxomycetes are a group of fungus like organisms
These type of Myxomycetes plasmodia occur in cool, shady and moist places such as Decaying woods, which are usually found on the forrest floors.
http://www.discoverlife.org/20/q?search=Eumycetozoa
http://www.hiddenforest.co.nz/slime/what.htm
http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/S/slime_mold.html
The Slime Moulds in which I will be focusing on are called, Cellular Slime Moulds. These specific types of Slimes hatch from the spores which are released from the fruiting bodies of the Slime Moulds. The cells from the Spores aggregate and flow into one another were they form one big multicellular mass which is known as a Pseudoplasmodium. This resembles a slug which crawls along the surface gathering food in the same way as the mould above.




.jpg)

2 comments:
Yo Adam, would you be able to scan in some pages from that book on the tutorial, if not briefly right some notes down on it.
If ur in tomoz ill bring it in and u cn either scan the pages in or tke sum
notes its up to u? :)
Post a Comment