Pages

Tuesday, 19 January 2010

StepFord Wives

The movie, Stepford wives was released in 1975 by a man called Bryan Forbes. Stepford wives, like the name is set in a little suburban town where women go about the everyday house work just to please their husbands.
Two of the women, Joanna and Bobby, start to notice that all seems unnatural amongst the little town. They get it into their heads that the women of Stepford are not in fact human, but android replicas of women who were once just like them. Although already a 'housewife' Joanna has taken up a hobby in photography which shows her intelligence and power above her inadequate husband Walter.

When I heard we was watching the movie 'Stepford Wives', I immediately assumed we would be watching the 2004 remake with 'Nicole Kidman'. Fortunately for me I was wrong. Going into the film I  had assumed that it was going to be slighty different to its predesesor still lacking an ability to keep me interested. However, since I started this course I always go into a film with an open mind which I say is a very good way of looking at things. Unlike the remake, which I found quite comical, Stepford Wives of 1975 proved to be one of the eeriest movies I have seen in recent years.


2 comments:

Sam Hayes said...

WHAT? An empty plot. I'm alarmed.

Adam Bailey said...

trust u to mention it lol, i was in the middle of doing the UVs for my iron cot and my Maya died lol

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger