Pages

Thursday, 4 November 2010

The Quatermass Xperiment

Im not sure why but I had part of a review/comment on this film ages ago but for some strange reason it wasn't posted which is why its so late being uploaded, sorry about that.

The Quatermass Xperiment was directed by Val Guest and was released in the United Kingdom, September the 28th 1955.


A shuttle is launched into outer space re-lands in a small countryside, on arrival it becomes aware to the scientists involved with the project that two of the three members of the shuttles crew have mysteriously disappeared. The only survivor of the wreck is barely alive. While in hospital, the final survivor combines himself with a cactus, allowing him to morph into a monstrous creature which wreaks havoc amongst the town and its people.

I actually really enjoyed this movie. At first I was a little skeptical but once it got into it I found it much more interesting.
Something which I really liked about this film was the way Richard Wordsworth played the part of Victor Carroon. Whilst watching the film I was absoloutley hooked on the emotion that he showed whilst turning into a monstrous creature. He really made me believe that he was suffering, that he was actually going through a real life experience of how a man should act/feel if he were to have that happen to him.

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

Shite! I've just realised I said I'd talk with you after the postmodernity lecture - but, as you might have noticed, I was called away and never made it back! I did suggest you write me an email just expressing your current difficulties - could you still do that for me, Adam? Thanks.

Adam Bailey said...

yer sure Phil, it's ok, I will write you one and email it to you :)

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger